Stay in Focus Signup Popup

Lost Coast

Venturing off of Highway 101 in California south of Humboldt, I decided to hit a backroad out of Ferndale and let it lead me for awhile. The road quickly turned misty and fog covered, and after many twists and turns and a final descent, I was once again at the Pacific Coast. This particular section is known as the Lost Coast. I could see after the amount of time that it took to reach combined with the obscurity on my map, the deterioration of the roads, and the lack of population, that Lost Coast was a well suited name. Having "found" the Lost Coast, I decided to take in the dark pebbly beach. I laid there for quite a bit, and I looked back up the elevation. I loved how the foreground rocks and shells led my eye up the coastal hill and into the dense clouds that had covered my descent to this coastline.


Comments

Popular Posts