Stay in Focus Signup Popup

Previous Post: A few thoughts on current works.



Originally posted August 21, 2009:
"Mame's"

Recently I was asked by a fellow artist, Jeffrey Jerome Dean, to write a blurb about any current projects. Here is what I had to offer:
“I would not say that I have a current project in mind as my shootings and the ideas tend to bounce around quite a bit. However, I have noticed that I have been focusing on the older generations of my family lately. Even as I have been showing in New York & Kentucky, trips planned so that I could shoot in classically beautiful places, I am drawn heavier by my roots. Maybe it is because by great-grandma in her 90's and my great-aunt in her upper 80's are now in the nursing home and I know that the state now owns their home, soon to be lost from the family. It is not only an era that is disappearing in general but one that will soon fleet from me on a very personal level. Perhaps it is also because my grandfather is getting older, and so the hero of my childhood is now aging. So maybe that's
what I'm currently working on; paying respect to my elder generations while they can appreciate it and see that life is still worth hanging on to. From this perspective, such works as "Mame's," "Great-Grandmother's", "Grandfather's Garage", "Forgotten Times, & "Where did Grandpa go?" have emerged. I hope that these creations can not only be appreciated on reflection by family but also by everyone that encounters them.

"Grandfather's Garage"

Feel free to view these works in the Small Towns Portfolio.

Comments

Popular Posts