Stay in Focus Signup Popup

Previous Post - Reflection and Progression

Originally posted January 20, 2010:

It hard to believe that it is already 2010. Last year flew by let alone the last decade. It is time again to reflect upon the past, take steps for the future, and appreciate what is present.

2009 was a very good year. Many of you may not know but I had seriously considered stop exhibiting my work in the fall of 2008 and had full intentions of finding a “real” job. Well, it was about a week and a year ago that the “What are you doing giving this up moment?” Thankfully this burning inside arose and brought a wonderful 2009.

Last year was full of travel for shows. I was fortunate enough to be able to show in Texas, New York, Kansas, Michigan, Kentucky, Missouri, Indiana, Wisconsin, Iowa, and of course my home-state of Illinois. The reception and friendliness that I received at all of these places was much more than I expected. I am truly thankful for the opportunity to see varying places and be engaged in conversations that I would never have conceived. Influence and ideas go both ways, so thank you for sharing your stories and experience.

This year I have decided that I am going to try and localize my driving and showings. One lesson from the road that sticks with me is that each place is special in its own right. So I am going to stick closer to home for a few years, re-experience that which is nearer yet has often been far away. For those of you that will not be able to see my work in person, please continue to use this website to see what is still being created. Also, take pride in your local workings, for they need your support too. Until our paths cross again, take care.

Comments

Popular Posts