Stay in Focus Signup Popup

Wave Crash

Just outside of Marquette, Michigan is the natural park of Presque Isle Park. This beautiful little peninsula is where I had one of my first experiences with the cold waters of Lake Superior. I must say, when you are used to the heat that can persist in the summer, the waters are refreshingly cold and clear. Venturing around the island to the north end leads to the black rocks. Supposedly the black rocks of this part of the isle are some of the oldest exposed rock formations in North America. I loved this black rock set against the cold waters of Superior. I pondered over the amount of heat and energy it took to create the rocks eons and eons ago and how now they are met with the recurring energy of each cold crashing wave. Looking for a different light, I returned in the morning to capture some warmth in the cool waves as they crashed against the hard blackness.





Find more information on Michigan's Presque Isle Park at Michigan DNR


Comments

Popular Posts