Stay in Focus Signup Popup

Still to the Northwest (albeit a different transport)

        After the return from my bike tour to Stillwater, MN, I stayed around Illinois until after the 4th of July. Shortly after the fourth, I headed out again, but this time in my pickup with my bike in the back (I had planned on being gone on the bike, so I might as well make it to the Northwest, even if using a different mode of transportation than originally conceived). I ventured north and west, covering much of the same route that I had intended on cycling; US 2 (ACA's Northern Tier) and US 101 (ACA's Pacific Coast Route).


The seemingly familiar flatness that was North Dakota but instead with flaxseed and its blue flowers.


Continued on through vast Montana and narrow Northern Idaho. The Northern Rockies near Glacier NP. (At first the mountains looked like dark clouds in the distance.) 


Elevated by the Northern Cascades of Washington. C'est beau.


Reached water at the Whidbey Islands.View from North Whidbey Island.


Around the Olympic Peninsula and into Hoh National Rainforest


Ventured to the High Desert's Lava Fields in Oregon and California.



Glimpsed Crater Lake near dusk.


Meandered over to the Lost Coast in northern California.



Mesmerized and dwarfed by the ancient Redwoods. (17' Diameter!!!!!)


Soaked in the Oregon Coast
Driftwood Structure

Kitesurfers near agates and driftwood

And famous rocky shores


And gazed through the Columbia Gorge


The road was filled not only with inspiring landscapes of the natural world but also of helpful and friendly people along the way. I am very fortunate to have been able to take this summer of adventure, even if I was unable to bicycle it all the way as I had originally hoped. If you have been a reader of this blog, supporter of the photography, or an encourager (or even a doubter) over the years, thank you.


I have since returned to Illinois and will be working on and posting new works from this year's (and previous years') many photographs onto here and the website. Enjoy and check back often for updates. Oh, and the website has shifted addresses. You can now find the works at www.dylanpunke.com.

Comments

Popular Posts