Stay in Focus Signup Popup

Day 9 Rest Day in Elkader, IA


June 12, 2012
It had been about a week since my last rest day and the campground in Elkader was a good place to take it. Well shaded, good amenities, some good company, great cellular service, and quick access to the Post Office in town to ship back some unneeded weight kept me here. I took a nice shower, fixed a decent breakfast, and did some laundry (it was time for the salt rings on one of my shirts to go.) 
Elkader ball diamond

Looking up the Turkey River to Elkader

Elkader has a trail that I walked for a few miles, trying to utilize some different muscles. I tried to zone in on some work but was often distracted by the conversation at hand. I packed my bags by a decent time and sat around the fire listening to the glory of trout fishing well into the night. 
The Turkey River (didn't see any turkeys, bummer)


Elkader Trail System (must yield to horses)

Comments

Popular Posts