Stay in Focus Signup Popup

Autumn Morning


I hate to admit this, but I have never been much of a morning person. It was always difficult to pull myself up when I was nice and toasty in my bed. Well, I realized you can't really catch the long light of the morning if you are sleeping during the sunrise. So, I made it a point to get up early on this fall day as I knew that the leaves were turning color. I parked in the east gate of the preserve, put on my headlamp, walked the trail to the river, and waited for the light to appear over the horizon. I photographed a few dawn photographs and then ventured further into the preserve. I stopped at the fork in the trail and debated which way to go. Instead of deciding on a route, I noticed the light beginning to illuminate the top of the trees. I set the tripod up and waited to capture the piece above. Not only did I like the how the tree illuminated from the early sun, but also how the trail below was covered with autumn's beauty. It was more than worth getting up early for.

Autumn Morning is the 90th creation in Local Sanctuary.

Click here to see Autumn Morning in greater detail and purchase more works by Dylan.

Comments

Popular Posts