Stay in Focus Signup Popup

Past 100 Posts - Local Sanctuary


The past 100 posts were short writings from my first book, Local Sanctuary. Writing for a hundred consecutive days on the photographs was very mixed experience for me. Some photographs conjured up something a little more personal while others were actually quite difficult to write about, especially those that had a very similar photograph the day before or after. And if the work wasn't very abstract, was it necessary to even write about it? Regardless, I did.

And scheduling the writings was sometimes a challenge as well. Since last November I have been busy prepping for my next adventure (details to follow in my next post.) So, a typical writing day consisted of working another job from 7:00 am - 4:00 pm, getting home, racking up miles on my bicycle, researching equipment, researching more equipment, finally ordering equipment, and squeezing in a post, sleep. Repeat. There were many a nights that I had to blink a few times just to make sure I was clearly looking at the screen and not nodding off (so if a post doesn't seem fully comprehendible this is probably why.) Overall, it was a good project and lesson of determination, motivation, ambition, and planning and I did get a good rhythm about halfway through.

I hope you enjoyed the journey in Local Sanctuary as the images in the book went through a period of darkness, exploration, reflection, celebration, and to some degree, of understanding.

Click here to get your copy of Local Sanctuary.

Comments

Popular Posts