Stay in Focus Signup Popup

Yellow Tufts


In the thick green of summer, I stumbled upon these yellow tufts bringing company to this balding tree trunk. Not only do I obviously like the yellow of the plant left in the piece, but I also like how the textures of the tree clash against each other; the smooth underside skin exposed by the peeling away of its rough outer bark. This undressing tree has since been incorporated into two other that can be found in Local Sanctuary, Solo Journey and Convert.

Yellow Tufts is the 70th creation in Local Sanctuary.

Click here to see Yellow Tufts in more detail and discover more works by Dylan.

Comments

  1. Yellow tufts....hmmmm...goldenrod, but what species?

    There is one variety I remember as a child...the leaves were sweet, almost like licorice, and my mother was horrified that I was chewing on something that neither she nor dad had said was safe to nibble...To this day, I still nibble the odd goldenrod leaf while out walking, hoping to recapture a bit of my childhood to share with my kids...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now know what to look for in golden rod. Love the story. I never would have thought to nibble on this nor that it would it be sweet. Truth be told, I probably pass by a whole world of plants that are edible, delicious, and readily available, but I walk right on by because of my ignorance of them.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts