Stay in Focus Signup Popup

Majestic


On this spring day, I decided to enter the preserve from the south entrance. I'm accustomed to entering from the north but thought I would try a different approach. I followed the trail to the bench overlooking the Mackinaw and then continued down the hill until reaching the south floodplain. About where the trail fades off is this huge Sycamore tree. I never would have guessed that this massive tree would exist here. The oak over looking the river is well known in the preserve, but this giant lives a much quieter life in the rarely visited floodplain. A very pleasant surprise! Every time I walk in from the south and make it past the bench, I make sure to pay a respectful visit to this massive Sycamore.

Majestic is the 42nd work in Local Sanctuary. Get out and find something majestic outside today!

Click to see Majestic and more works by Dylan!

Comments

Popular Posts