Stay in Focus Signup Popup

Winter Clearing


When I started out on this particular day, it was the tail end of a snowstorm. I  walked the entire perimeter of the prairie preserve under gray snowy skies. When I approached this southwest corner, the sun began to pierce its way through the clouds. I set my tripod up, framed this photograph, and then waited for the sun to shed light on the grass. I'm glad that I waited to capture this piece instead of trying to cross the narrow parts of the creek (I probably would have been wet and then frozen.) Besides the sunlit grass, I like the little creek coming in from the right,  the gentle slope of the hill, and the tree lined high horizon. After capturing this, I decided that I would retrace my route and enjoy the perimeter in full sun. It was a much different visual vibe than the earlier grays.


Click for more photographs by Dylan.

Comments

Popular Posts